About the Enterprise
The State Enterprise “Ukrainian Special Systems” is an enterprise providing services of confidential communication, in particular, provision of secure access to the Internet, protection services of information resources– both state and private, as well as provision of trust services.
The Enterprise’s activity is aimed at development and maintenance of the functioning of the National System of Confidential Communication (NSCC), special cellular network and secured Internet access node in order to provide the state authorities, local governments, state enterprises, institutions and state-owned organizations with modern secured telecommunication services, to organize secure access to their own information resources, as well as other modern services, such as:
- creation of automated (information, information and telecommunication) systems and complexes with the use of modern technologies for the information resources protection;
- execution of high-quality works on creation or attestation of complex information security systems;
- carrying out state expert examinations in special communication and information protection;
- provision of services of international, intercity and local telephone communications with the right to operate and maintain telecommunication networks and to provide telecommunication channels within the territory of Kyiv city;
- provision of services of special cellular communication;
- exercising the functions of the Trust Key Distribution Centre and creating, on this basis, the conditions for servicing holders of intellectual property in the Ukrainian segment of the Internet;
- services of acquisition, creation, development, commissioning, maintenance and support of system and application solutions for information systems, databases and data banks, registers, automated control systems and automated workplaces, depositories;
- services of programming, development of computer programs, software and websites, their implementation, sale, distribution and commercial use;
- operation and maintenance services of automated information and information and telecommunication systems of state authorities, local governments, enterprises, institutions and organizations of all forms of ownership;
- carrying out the scientific and technical activities in the field of telecommunications, informatization and information technologies, including execution of scientific and research works, research and development works, design and engineering works, technological, design and search works, creation of research samples or lots of scientific and technical products, as well as other works connected with the bringing of scientific and technical science knowledge to practical application;
- participation in the practical implementation of domestic and international projects aimed at implementing the systemic interaction of electronic databases, registration systems etc.
The goal of the enterprise is to meet the needs of customers in modern services of high-quality confidential communication, to provide expert trust services and to protect information resources of state authorities, local governments, enterprises, institutions and organizations of various forms of ownership using the modern technologies.
In January 2002, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted the Law of Ukraine “On the National System of Confidential Communication”. The provisions of the Law regulate the creation of a nationwide special dual-use communication system, in which, with the help of cryptographic and technical means, the exchange of confidential information in the interests of state and government authorities, local self-governments, legal entities and individuals, regardless of the form of ownership, shall be provided.
In order to ensure the development and functioning of the National System of Confidential Communication, in compliance with the requirements of the Law, the President of Ukraine issued a Decree No. 614/2002 “Issues Relating to Operation Support of the National System of Confidential Communication” of July 4, 2002, according to which the Security Service of Ukraine was entrusted to develop the State Program for creation, development and maintenance of the functioning of the National System of Confidential Communication, and the Department of Special Telecommunication Systems and Information Protection of the Security Service of Ukraine – to create a specialized state enterprise.
The Program was approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 1520 “On Approval of the State Program for Creation, Development and Functioning of the National System of Confidential Communication” of October 11, 2002. Within its competence, in accordance with subparagraph 22 of paragraph 4 of the Regulation on the Department of Special Telecommunication Systems and Information Protection of the Security Service of Ukraine, approved by the Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 1120/2000 of October 06, 2000, the Department of Special Telecommunication Systems and Information Protection of the Security Service of Ukraine issued an Order No. 82 “On Establishment of the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Special Systems” on December 06, 2002, under which the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Special Systems” was established and classified as to be managed by the abovementioned Department.
The record in the Unified State Register of Enterprises and Organizations of Ukraine regarding the registration of the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Special Systems” was made on January 09, 2003, after the completion of the full registration procedure, in February 2003 the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Special Systems” started to operate. In the future, according to the Law of Ukraine “On State Service of Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine”, the Administration of the State Service of Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine, which is currently managing the State Enterprise “Ukrainian Special Systems”, will become a legal successor of the Department.
Protecting information resources means strengthening Ukraine!